Guest Terms & Conditions Jesswood Properties Ltd
Upon booking with Jesswood Properties Ltd, you are deemed to have read in full and accepted the following Terms and Conditions: Enquiries can be made via email to email@example.com or by calling +44(0)203 745 3885. Valid ID in the form of a Passport or UK issued driving licence must be submitted with these T’s & C’s. Guests should use the booking confirmation invoice email as a receipt of payment and confirmation of the booking made with Jesswood Properties Ltd.
1. Booking and Payment Procedure: A £250 deposit is required to cover any damages or other costs as mentioned in the terms below and is chargeable at Jesswood Properties Ltd discretion. You will receive a written confirmation either by email from Jesswood Properties Ltd or if booked externally through an online travel agent, the confirmation will be sent via their website. You may extend your stay at any time, subject to availability. Payment must be made by credit/debit card via a Pay by Link service (charges apply), BACS transfer or directly to the Online Travel Agent. All prices quoted are in UK Pounds Sterling and are correct at the time of publication. Payment must be made in UK Pounds Sterling. Bookings using a credit/debit card must be made in the name of the cardholder who must be the main guest, or representative of a company if a business-related booking. Guests must be over 23 years old to make a booking with Jesswood Properties Ltd.
2. Occupancy and Pricing: All listings clearly show the maximum number of occupants allowed per bedroom or per property. Pricing of each property is based on a per night basis for the whole property not per person or per bedroom. There are no separate charges for children staying in a property providing they are named on the booking and form part of the valid number of guests staying for the property type. If the number of guests exceed the number of bed spaces entry to the accommodation may be refused and your booking cancelled with no refund. In some cases, an extra bed at an additional nightly cost may be booked subject to availability. Visitors are permitted at the property, if they stay, this will need to be declared to Jesswood Properties Ltd via email, firstname.lastname@example.org . There will be an additional charge of £20 per night for any adult aged 16 or over who is not named at the time of check in.
3. Adults and Children: Jesswood Properties Ltd deem anyone over the age of 16 (at time of check-in) an adult. Anyone under the age of 16 are classed as a child. Children and adults under 23 are not permitted unless accompanied by a named guest whose age is over 23 at the time of check in.
4. Damage Deposit: A Damage deposit of £250 must be made for any booking via a pre-authorisation charge on your payment card or BACS transfer. Deposits are accepted via credit/debit card. No alternative form of payment will be accepted. The apartment will be inspected after check out. As long as no terms and conditions have been breached the full deposit will be returned. Please note that depending on your bank it can take up to 30 days for a pre-authorisation charge to clear from your bank account. Please check with your bank.
1. Cancellations: Full refund for cancellations made within 48 hours of booking if the check in date is at least 14 days away. 50% refund for cancellations made at least 7 days before check in. No refunds for cancellations made withing 7 days of check in.
2. Non-Arrivals: No refunds will be made for non-arrivals. Depending on the reasons for your cancellation, you may be able to reclaim cancellation charges from your insurance company if you have taken out travel insurance. We strongly recommend that clients purchase adequate travel insurance. Regrettably, for the reasons given above, we have to treat any curtailment of your stay as a cancellation.
3. If We Cancel Your Booking: In exceptional circumstances it may be necessary for us (Jesswood Properties Ltd) to cancel a booking. We shall make all reasonable efforts to offer a suitable alternative. If we cannot offer alternative accommodation, we will provide a full refund for the dates we cannot accommodate.
4. Amendments to Bookings: If a guest wishes to amend a booking (dates of stay, accommodation required, check in/out time), we will make all reasonable efforts to comply with the request(s) however the guest will be charged for any additional charges occurred. If the guest makes amendments to the booking once the stay has commenced, we may not be able to comply with the request(s). If on any occasion the guest vacates the apartment early and wishes to terminate the remainder of their stay, this must be confirmed in writing – We accept no liability for loss, damage or expense and cannot guarantee reimbursement of any costs incurred.
5. If We Amend A Booking: Jesswood Properties Ltd reserves the right to make any changes or amendments to any booking at any time. If it is necessary to amend a booking, we would make every effort to allocate a similar apartment, either in the same or a similar area, this may however not always be possible, and another alternative may be arranged.
Facilities and Services
1. Facilities and Services: No items are to be removed from the apartment or dismantled in any way. Furniture is not to be moved within the apartment.
2. Services: We cannot be held responsible for failure or interruption of services within or outside of the apartment due to maintenance being carried out or emergency repairs – this includes, Broadband, Wi-Fi, Electricity, Gas and Water. We cannot be held responsible for inconveniences such as noise, access or supply of services caused by engineering or repair works within or in another part of the property. If there is an interruption to any services, once we receive notification, we will use all reasonable efforts to rectify the issue within a reasonable period of time. We reserve the right to add or remove any of its services without prior notice. We endeavour to have the property cleaned and ready for new guests by the check in time, however on rare occasions and in the event of staff shortage there may be a delay in cleaning. In the event of this, guests will be given access to the property from the check in time and the apartment will be cleaned as soon as possible. No compensation will be given for this.
3. Broadband: Wireless broadband (Wi-Fi) is available in the apartment and is provided free of charge. We cannot guarantee connectivity at any given time, however we endeavour to maintain the hardware and connection within all apartments. If there is a fault with the hardware provided (wireless router) we will give support and maintenance. If the fault is deemed to be with the guest’s hardware/devices, support will not be available. If any Broadband equipment is removed or tampered with you will be charged £50 to replace or £25 to reset the item.
4. Extra Linen: Extra bed linen can be provided at a cost of £20.00 per set (unless staying for more than 2 weeks) Extra towels can be provided at a cost of £20.00 per set. Extra linen must be ordered within office hours (9am-6pm Monday-Friday) and can only be delivered within these hours subject to availability. If linen, is damaged, there will be charge of £30 per set.
5. Consumables: Free consumables are provided and topped up only if staying 1 week or more. These include toiletries, tea, coffee, sugar, and washing up powder. Please note, this may not be possible during the Covid-19 pandemic.
6. Professional Cleaning: A Professional Cleaning service is provided for stays of 1 week or more. This service includes cleaning the property and refreshing the bed linen and towels and replenishing consumable items. During the COVID-19 pandemic, fortnightly cleans will be offered. In instances where cleaners are not available, if affected by COVID-19, cleaning will have to rearranged.
7. Emergency Calls: In the event of an accident or Fire, dial 999. Any emergencies concerning Flood, Fire, Power Cut, and Lost Keys, guests will be provided with a direct telephone number to call a member of Jesswood Properties Ltd maintenance team. If the number is used for any non-emergency reason, we reserve the right to charge the guest a call out fee of £100.00.
8. Luggage: Luggage can be stored in the bedrooms. We do not accept any responsibility for missing luggage or personal belongings.
9. Car Parking: There is a free car parking space available for one vehicle directly outside the property on the drive outside the garage. There is also free on street parking. This is on a first come first served basis. Jesswood Properties cannot accept any responsibility for damages or theft to any vehicle or any other belongings of the customer.
Conditions of Stay
1. Number of Occupants: The number of persons permitted to occupy the property is limited to the number of persons named on the booking. The apartment cannot be re-let/sublet to any other group/party under any circumstances. Under no circumstances may more than the maximum number of persons specified in the property description occupy the apartment. We reserve the right to refuse admittance or terminate the stay in the apartment to the hirer and their party if they are in breach of this condition.
2. Check-in and Check-out: Check-in time is from 3.00pm. Late or early arrivals can be arranged with advance notice but may be subject to an additional fee which Jesswood Properties Ltd will communicate to you once the property manager has confirmed the availability to check you in early or late. Check-out is by 10.00am.
3. Damage to Lock boxes or Doorbell: If locks or doorbell are found to be damaged a charge of £200 will apply.
4. Departure: If there is a delay in departing, Jesswood Properties Ltd reserves the right to charge for an additional night’s stay. In the event of a late checkout or refusal to vacate the apartment by the booked check-out time, we reserve the right to remove all persons and property from the apartment. Any items left in an apartment past the agreed departure time are left at the owners risk – we accept no responsibility for these items and reserve the right to remove and store them (a charge for storage will be incurred by the guest). Lost property is kept in storage for no longer than 30 days and safekeeping is not guaranteed. Lost property can be posted back to you at your own cost with prior agreement and Jesswood Properties Ltd will not accept any liability for any items that go missing.
5. Damages to Apartment and Payment of Additional Charges: Valid credit/debit card details must be supplied at the time of booking, in the event of damages to the apartment these card details will be used to charge the appropriate fines. We reserve the right to deduct from the relevant credit/debit card, without prior notice, all amounts chargeable under these conditions. The apartments should be left in a reasonable state on departure, if (at our absolute discretion) we consider additional specialist cleaning is required (for example carpet cleaning to remove a stain), we will charge an additional fee of £200.00. When the duration of the booking is in excess of 28 days, a discretionary final cleaning charge of up to £200 may be charged if a property is deemed unfit for occupation, you will be obliged to pay compensation to us for loss of revenues in addition to the costs of cleaning and repair. We reserve the right to charge £200 (in addition to the general cleaning charges) for specialist cleaning to a property and/or its contents where it is left in an exceptionally bad condition or if we believe smoking has taken place in the property.
6. Damages: Damage to the property or contents must be paid in full by you. In the event of any breakages or damage discovered whilst your stay or after you vacate, we will notify you by email or telephone immediately or within 7 days of your departure, providing a detailed breakdown of the damage and where is possible a cost of rectification. Where possible, photographic evidence will also be supplied. It is your responsibility to check all items & that there is no damage to these items. Condition reports can also be provided at the beginning and at the end of the accommodation period if requested. Nothing in these terms and conditions limits or excludes our liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or for any damage or liability incurred by you as a result of fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation by us or any liability that cannot by law be excluded. We will not be held liable for any injuries incurred to a child under the age of 16, as they should always be supervised by an adult aged 23 or over whilst in the property. Subject to the above, we shall not be liable for any loss of profits, loss of business, depletion of goodwill and/or similar losses, loss of anticipated savings, loss of goods, loss of contract, loss of use, loss of corruption of data or information, or any special, indirect, consequential or pure economic loss, costs, damages, charges or expenses. If you are booking for, as, or on behalf of a business or business employee, that business shall indemnify us against all liabilities, costs, expenses, damages and losses (including any direct or indirect consequential losses, loss of profit, loss of reputation and all interest, penalties and legal and other reasonable professional costs and expenses) suffered or incurred by us arising out of or in connection with you, or your businesses, breach or negligent performance or non-performance of these terms and conditions. If you are booking for, as or on behalf of a business or business employee, our total liability in contract, tort (including negligence or breach of statutory duty), misrepresentation, restitution or otherwise arising in connection with the performance or contemplated performance of your booking shall be limited to the fees paid to us under your booking. We shall not be liable for any failure or delay in performance of our obligations which results directly or Indirectly from any cause or circumstance which is beyond our reasonable control, including (but not exclusively) act of God, outbreak of hostilities, riot, civil disturbance, acts of terrorism, revolution, the act of any government or authority (including but not limited to refusal or revocation of any licence or consent), Fire, flood, lightning, explosion, fog or bad weather, interruption or failure of a utility service (including but not limited to electricity, gas, water or telecommunications), renovations undertaken at the property, strikes, lockouts or boycotts, embargo, blockade.
7. Our Liability: Other than in relation to death or personal injury caused by our negligence, or any other liability that by law cannot be excluded or restricted, our liability to you in relation to these conditions is limited to the higher of (I) GBP £1,000; and (ii) the value of the booking made with us.
8. Additional Charges/Deductions: Within 14 days of any deduction of any additional charges from a debit/credit card, we will provide you by e-mail or otherwise with a breakdown of the additional charges. In relation to any additional charges. The hirer is responsible for taking all reasonable care of the property and its contents. The property and all equipment, utensils, furniture etc. must be left clean and tidy at the end of the hire period. Except in the case of normal wear and tear. The hirer will be responsible for making good any damage to the property or its contents which has occurred due to negligence, wilful damage or irresponsible behaviour on the part of those occupying the property or their guests. Such damage must be reported, without delay, to us via telephone. The cost of the repair or replacement must be paid to Jesswood Properties Ltd. Should the property require a deep clean due to misuse or smoking then an additional charge of up to £200.00 will be incurred by the guest. The hirer responsible for booking undertakes that no person will suffer anything to be done which would endanger the policy of our insurers in respect of the property and its contents which might make the same void or avoidable.
9. Liability: We cannot be held responsible for any theft and/or damage of your personal belongings during your stay. Therefore, you are advised to ensure you have appropriate insurances in place. All warranties, conditions and other terms implied by statute or common law or otherwise are, to the fullest extent permitted by law, excluded from any contract with us and these conditions shall apply in their place. We regret that we cannot accept liability for any loss, damage or additional expense where the booking needs to be altered or cancelled or we are unable to perform our contractual obligations as a result of events of ‘force majeure’. In these Booking Conditions ‘force majeure’ means any event which could not have been reasonably foreseen, or the consequences could not have been reasonably avoided, by us or the suppliers of the relevant services in question, even with the exercise of all due care. Such events may include war or threat of war, civil strife, terrorist activity, Industrial dispute, natural or man-made disaster, fire, adverse weather conditions and all similar events outside our or the relevant suppliers’ control. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall affect your statutory rights if you are a consumer.
10. Law and Jurisdiction: These conditions and terms of contract and all matters arising there from are subject to the Law of England and Wales and in the event of dispute; the client will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
11. Termination: By Jesswood Properties Ltd: Jesswood Properties Ltd has the right to terminate a booking at any time on the grounds of partying, playing loud music, general nuisance behaviour, abusive behaviour towards staff or other guests, mistreatment of the property, non-payment or criminal activity on the part of those occupying the property or their guests. In such circumstances, Jesswood Properties Ltd is not obliged to provide or locate alternative accommodation. The period of notice is at the discretion of Jesswood Properties Ltd.
12. Injury or Loss: Jesswood Properties Ltd cannot be held responsible for any personal injury to any guests while in one of our properties. Nor can we be held responsible for loss or damage to personal effects howsoever arising at the accommodation. Neither we, nor our representatives, can be held responsible for any circumstances beyond our control including, but not limited to, mechanical breakdown, illness or failure of any public service supply. Children under the age of 16 are the responsibility of the adults staying in the apartment with them. Jesswood Properties Ltd is not liable for any injury caused to children during the stay. If you decide to bring your own equipment, this includes highchair, stair gate or travel cot, you are responsible to ensure these are used correctly, Jesswood Properties Ltd cannot be held liable for any injury caused as a result of using your own equipment.
13. Rights of Access: Representatives of Jesswood Properties Ltd or their subcontractors have the right of access to the property at any time, with due regard to the convenience of the hirer, for the purpose of inspection of the property and to carry out any essential repair or maintenance work.
14. Pets: Regrettably no pets of any kind are permitted under any circumstances. The client is liable for any infringement of this rule. Jesswood Properties Ltd management has the right to terminate your stay, if they deem such behaviour has occurred. In the event of such a breach, no refund will be made in such instance. A surcharge of £200 will be made if evidence of pets is discovered in the property.
15. Smoking: Smoking is not permitted in the property itself. It is permitted in the garden providing all stubs are cleaned up after and not left lying around. A surcharge of £200 will be made if evidence of smoking is discovered in the property.
16. Rubbish disposal: All bins inside the property need to be emptied and disposed off by being placed in the appropriate wheelie bins, which are located outside of the property. Recycling is the green bin, rubbish and general waste is the black bin. All recyclable materials need to be disposed of the same way as rubbish. Rubbish is collected EVERY WEDNSEDAY.
17. Complaints: We do not expect and certainly do not want dissatisfied customers, but in the event that you are not entirely satisfied with the service offered, you should notify any complaint to our office within 24 hours after departure to Jesswood Properties s Ltd by email to email@example.com . We will take all reasonable steps to settle the problem. Jesswood Properties Ltd shall not have any liability for any complaint submitted after the completion of the rental period.
18. Information: All information supplied by Jesswood Properties, is given in good faith and is based on information available at the time. All reasonable measures have been taken to ensure the accuracy of any statement made either in writing or otherwise, but Jesswood Properties Ltd is not liable for any variation however caused.
19. Interest: Interest on overdue invoices shall accrue from the date when payment becomes due, From day to day, until the date of payment, at a rate of 4% above Barclays Bank base rate in force at the time and shall accrue at such a rate after, as well as before any judgement.
20. Security of Tenure: The property is occupied as a serviced accommodation and on this basis no rights of tenancy are created, it is exempt from security of tenure under the Rent Act. Jesswood Properties Ltd reserves the right to access the apartment and or terminate your stay at any time without prior notice if it deems necessary. If stays of 6 months or longer are required, you will be subject to right-to-rent checks as well as being viable for an assured short hold tenancy (AST). More details can be provided at the time of enquiry.
Usage & Nuisance Behaviour
The property cannot under any circumstances be used for partying, playing loud music or general nuisance behaviour. Jesswood Properties s Ltd management reserve the right to terminate your stay if they deem such behaviour has occurred. In the event of such a breach, no refund will be made, if such behaviour is deemed to have occurred an additional fee of £300 will be charged. An additional fee of £200 will be charged for any extra cleaning to the apartment. Group bookings will be required to give a reason of their stay. If the booking is allowed and guests are found to be holding parties of any kind, you will be evicted immediately with no refunds due and a fee of £300 will be charged. Use of the apartment for any behaviour considered by the management of Jesswood Properties Ltd to be inappropriate or illegal will result in the immediate eviction of all guests without refund and, where necessary, reporting to the police for further investigation.
Guests must have regard for other occupants in the building. Jesswood Properties Ltd have a policy at our property of ‘quiet hours’, the timings of which are 10pm till 7am.
Entry to Property:
Jesswood Properties s Ltd has the right to enter the property at any given time during the stay. If any terms and conditions are breached during the stay, we have the right to enter the property without prior notice to make a spot check
Reasonable care has been taken that the description of the property is correct, but it is subject to amendment at any time without notice.
Included as Standard:
Jesswood Properties Ltd provide toiletries and other consumables on arrival, these are complimentary and provided at the discretion of Jesswood Properties Ltd.
Acceptance of Terms and Conditions/Contract of Hire:
I have read and understood the above Terms & Conditions, I understand that once I have made my payment that these terms become binding, I also acknowledge that should I not be happy with these terms and conditions I must raise concerns before making my payment.